Budgeting and Counseling Services
Helping you prepare for car or home ownership or a major purchase
610-375-7866, ext. 41Buying a home, purchasing a car, starting a business, and many other long-term life goals often require a close evaluation of the individual’s credit history.
We offer budget counseling services to anyone who needs help regardless of the circumstances. Budget Center Counselors provide:
- Rental and utilities assistance
- Home ownership counseling
- Delinquency and mortgage assistance
- Family budgeting and credit repair
The Budget Center staff also provides budgeting workshops to local agencies and groups. Budget Center Counselors have helped hundreds of Berks County families realize their dream of home ownership.
The amount of time spent with each family or individual varies depending on the needs of the homebuyer and the requirements of the mortgage lender.
To ensure compliance with the mandatory pre-purchase sessions for first-time homebuyers, we provide the following sessions:
- Financial review/budget planning — During this session, we will examine current household expenses and revenue and analyze the household’s ability to absorb additional costs associated with home ownership.
- Home and preventative maintenance — We will teach first-time homebuyers how to maintain a home’s mechanical systems to avoid costly repairs.
- Conditions of approval/settlement procedures — We explain all aspects of settlement, including all costs involved and the steps taken on the day of settlement.
How to apply
Budget Counseling Center Staff
Program Director 610-375-7866, ext. 43
610-375-7866, ext. 41
Assistant Housing Counselor
610-375-7866, ext. 40
Housing Counselor 610-375-7866, ext. 45