Child development programs for children from the age of 3 through the entry age of Kindergarten
Pre-K Counts is a state funded program. Berks Community Action Partner is the Lead Agency which receives the money directly from the State. The agency partners with four childcare providers within Berks County who facilitate the Pre-K Counts program at their individual locations.
Pre-K Counts prepares children for reading and math and for entering kindergarten. The program also helps children focus their attention, follow directions, and get along with others. Pre-K Counts gives children a chance to learn and be better students.
What Parents can expect from Pre-K Counts
- Teachers who have the education and expertise to teach young children
- Age-appropriate classroom activities that will help your child grow academically and socially
- Regular review of your child's progress
- Help for you and your child to adjust to pre-kindergarten and smoothly move on to kindergarten
- Small class size (no more than 20 students per one teacher and one aide) so that your child can have plenty of one-on-one time with the teachers
- Nutritious meals and snacks daily
Who is eligible for PA Pre-K Counts?
PA Pre-K Counts is designed for children who are:
- Between the ages of 3 and until the entry age for kindergarten
Each program offering PA Pre-K Counts classrooms will have their own guidelines. If your child falls into these categories, you may be eligible to apply.
How much does PA Pre-K Counts Cost?
PA Pre-K Counts is free to families who meet the income guidelines of 130% – 300%. The portion of the day that is funded through the Pennsylvania Pre-K Counts is free for families who qualify. The program may charge for additional portions of the day (wrap-around child care for example).
645 Penn Street
PO BOX 22
Reading PA 1960